- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 6-oz. salmon filets
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 c. cooked white rice, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper, then add to the skillet skin-side up.
- Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add butter and garlic.
- When the butter has melted and looks foamy, stir in broth, lime juice, honey, and cumin.
- Bring mixture to a simmer then stir in cilantro.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the salmon back to the skillet.
- Simmer until the sauce has reduced and the salmon is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Garnish with more cilantro and serve over cooked white rice.